Saturday, October 15, 2011

New Adventures

Have I left you in suspense long enough? Wow things have been busy!

After coming home from Uganda this summer, my mom announced that none of us were going again until we got the outside of the house painted. So my dad has been working hard to prep the house and last weekend the weather was so beautiful we were able to paint almost all of it! For it to be in the mid 70s to lower 80s in the middle of October is pretty amazing for Western New York so we soaked up every moment we could and boy were we sore after! We just had to get it done because....drumroll please....are you ready for this? Because this is my BIG NEWS!!! (You're sitting on the edge of your seat aren't you?)

I'M GOING BACK TO UGANDA FOR 3 WEEKS AT THE END OF DECEMBER!!!

Read that one more time. Did you catch it? I said I'm going back, as in me, as in Aly. Yes, I will be returning to the country I love so much just a few days after Christmas and coming back near the end of January. And just when you thought it couldn't get any more exciting there's more...

I will be serving in a provisional role as "Team Coordinator." So I'll be working with the AMG Uganda staff to plan the ministry work the team will be involved with, including activities during the weeklong youth conference, children's programs, church services, and home visitation. I'll also be organizing other details of the team's stay like their transportation and accommodations.

I've already begun planning with the AMG Uganda staff and look forward to what God has in store for me over the next few months. It will be the first time I've traveled to Uganda without my family. I'll stay at the guesthouse at Upendo, so I'll have plenty of opportunities to interact with the children who stay there during their holiday break. I'll have one full week of in-country planning work prior to the team's arrival. Then I will join together with the team for the other 2 weeks taking part in the ministry work and working as a liaison between the Uganda staff and US team.

I ask for your prayers as I press forward. Please pray for the people of Uganda, that we will know how to best serve them. Pray for the team members. Pray for God to give my family strength and courage to let me go. Please pray for me, that I will know God is with me every step of the way. And finally, pray that God will provide the financial support I need to go.

I'm very excited about this new adventure God is taking me on. I'll try to keep sharing along the way as I prepare for this trip, so keep checking in.

- Aly

No comments:

Post a Comment