Saturday, January 14, 2012

Missing you!!

Have you ever found yourself missing someone so badly that your heart aches?

These past weeks since Aly has been in Uganda have been a brand new experience for me, mom! I have been so far apart from the daughter that I love so much! At times I wonder if I will make it for the 25 days or if my heart will just whither up and die?

Don't get me wrong, I am so proud of her, and I know she is following God. It's just my human side that would like to keep her close to me. But what about all of the kids who have come to know her and love her in such a short time? The ministry opportunities that she has been given, I could never wish them away.

I have made time to pray, more than I have in a long time! I find myself waking in the middle of the night and my thoughts immediately go to Aly and the team in Uganda. I lie there and pray, until sleep takes me away. And when I wake, the first thing I do? Pray!!

I was wondering, if I miss Aly that much, how must our heavenly Father feel when we are so far away? There are times when we too are worlds apart and how he must grieve the loss. The loss of a relationship that is as simple as crying out. Praying when we wake up in the middle of the night and talking to him first thing in the morning before our feet even hit the floor.

How thankful I am to have a personal relationship with God! And in another week, Aly will be coming home to share of her adventures from half way around the world. I know she misses home, but has fallen deeper in love with the people of Uganda.

The children who live in a part of the world that sometimes seem forgotten. But I know that this is true; they are not forgotten, and some are rich beyond imagination! They have no worldly possessions, but have the kind of riches that they will take into eternity. The kind of faith, that gets them from day to day. Thanking God for each day that he has given them to be alive. He loves them and they give him all the praise and glory.

Some of these kids may have never heard the gospel, but God uses ordinary people to do extraordinary things. He uses people just like you and me to go half way around the world to tell people that he loves them sooo much.

In Romans chapter 10:13-15 For "whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved."
How then shall they call on Him in whom they have not believed? And how shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard? And how shall they hear without a preacher? And how shall they preach unless they are sent?
As it is written: "How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the gospel of peace, Who bring glad tidings of good things!"

And so, she went! To spread the gospel, to share Gods love, to answer a call! And yet I miss her! The time has flown by quickly for her! (Not so quickly for me!) Much of the time she has been without electricity, Internet and warm water for bathing. I know she has wanted to share her stories, but time has not allowed. Please keep praying for her as she heads to one of the villages, to continue working with the people of Uganda. For continued good health, safe travel and for lives to be saved.

"God is good all the time, and all the time God is good cuz that's his nature!" wooooo

No comments:

Post a Comment