Thursday, April 19, 2012

A New Dynamic

Ok, so it comes as no surprise to you that sometimes I just plain stink at updating the blog. It's been far too long. Until now I haven't seemed to have much to say. Or maybe that's not entirely true. There have been some things going on that have knocked me down hard enough that for a few weeks I stopped writing altogether, which for me is not normal. It would be like asking a fish to stop swimming. A couple weeks ago I picked up a pen and started up again and haven't looked back. The rest of my absence, well the rest the time I was teaching...

7th grade Science...

If my life were a tv show, this is where we'd play that creepy dun dun dun music, because my degree is in elementary and my subject area is English. So to plan for and teach 7th grade science for 5 weeks was a new adventure.

Now I'm back to my regular old substitue teaching with a new classroom and new students each day. For now it's giving me time to plan for what the Lord has in store this summer.

Back in February my dad and I hopped in the car and drove down to Chattanooga, TN. The director of AMG Uganda was visiting the US, and I was hoping for a chance to talk with him. During a meeting with him and Pete Lafakis (the man in charge of AMG's missionaries around the world), I was asked to return to Uganda in July to prepare for the team that comes in August. I will be there for about 6 weeks.

Where the January trip served as a way to get my feet wet, the July trip will be more of a dive into the deep end. It will be a training of sorts where I'm given more responsibilities in planning for the team's ministry. This will be a medical trip, which I have never taken part in before, but I am looking forward to witnessing what God will accomplish this summer.

Don't worry. I won't be leaving my family behind the whole time. My parents will be joining me at some point during the summer to take part in the ministry.

We are very excited about what God has in store for the future. But as you can see, the nature of our ministry as a family is taking on a new dynamic. We ask for your prayers as we navigate through these changes. Our goal remains to serve the Lord by serving His people, and in the end giving Him the glory.

We're glad you're along for the ride. It will certainly be a new adventure. Thank you for your continued love, prayers, and support.

- Aly

No comments:

Post a Comment