Friday, May 13, 2011

Back At It!

Well it has been much too long since my last post. I just really haven't had much to say. Actually that's not true. If you know me at all you know I have lots to say. But in this case I just haven't been ready to share any of it on the blog yet. But now I'm back at it with new stories, new thoughts, and a whole new trip in the works for this summer! I hope you'll join us for the ride.

Today is kind of a big day for me. One year ago today I went to the homeopathic doctor for the first time. I was pretty sure she was ruining my life by putting me on this awful diet, cutting out all my carbs, sugars, and dairy. At the time that was most everything I ate. And I almost passed out when I had my very first ozone treatment. Watching the blood drain out of my arm, get pumped full of oxygen, and then re-enter my body was quite an experience. And the water, OH THE WATER! I had to drink so much of it! How was I supposed to do all that and take all of those vitamins too. Good golly I thought, "This is it. This is the end."

But it wasn't the end. It was the beginning. You see for the past several months I've talked to people about my sickness. I would say, "Last year at this time I was still sleeping 3 hours in the middle of the afternoon, could barely sit up more than a few hours a day, and hurt all over my body."

That all changes today. Because a year ago today, God did an amazing thing. He began my healing. And that horrible diet I dreaded is still part of my daily eating (with the addition to fresh fruit and multi-grains). The ozone treatments went from once a week at the beginning to now just once a month. And I can take it like a pro. And the water, OH THE WATER. Now my body cries out if I don't have it. All those things I started a year ago have brought me to where I am today. Finally, good health has come.

Unlike the past several months where I listed all the ways the sickness took over my life last year, I can now boldly say, "This time last year, I started getting my life back." And you have no idea what that means to me. I am so amazed at what the Lord has done in my life over the past few years. And I'm looking forward to what He has in store for me in the future.

I can already tell you what He has in store for our family coming up this summer. Lord willing, we will be returning to Uganda in late July. And we're looking forward to this trip like never before. In the past few months we've faced triumphs and trials alike. We know that the Lord is going to use each of them for His glory, and we're looking forward to sharing the journey with you.


- Aly

2 comments:

  1. I am looking forward to what God will do as well - this is going to be an excellent trip!

    God bless you as you continue to follow His lead!

    ReplyDelete