Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Livin' on a Prayer

Ooohhh we're halfway there....It's been one week since I started this no carbs, no sugar, no fun diet. Why anyone would purposely do this to themselves is beyond me! And food is EVERYWHERE! I don't know how many times I've heard about s'mores this week. Mmmm. Yummy, delicious s'mores all gooey and warm and chocolatey...Excuse me while I lick the pretend gooeyness off my fingers...

Anyway, Monday I had an appointment with an Herbologist. He did something called bio-energetic testing, which uses computer software to detect problems in the body. It was amazing and a little weird. He could tell me things about myself that I hadn't said anything about.

When we first started, he handed me a short stick which I held in my left hand and was connected by a wire to a computer. He then used a pen-like instrument on the acupuncture points on my right hand. It made the computer make all sorts of sounds, and as he did the test he was able to detect imbalances in my system. For example, the very first round of tests he did he said that he couldn't get past some problems in my throat. He asked if I had a history of sore throats, which I do. He also pinpointed minor problems with asthma and my sinuses.

He asked a few different questions as the test continued, and in the end was able to give us his best guess. Unfortunately this isn't a "tell-all" and couldn't magically diagnose my problem. Also, he doesn't have a specific program for African illnesses, but found a close match to a South American program he wrote (this guy was brilliant!).

As best he can tell, he feels that this is a virus that invaded my body (which is not that much more information than we had already, but is still good to know). He also said that people with my blood type often have problems fighting off illness because the immune system doesn't recognize that anything is wrong.

He is sending me some herbal supplements to try out for a while, in the hopes that they will boost the things that need a little nudge and get rid of the things that shouldn't be there.

So that's what is happening here. Tomorrow morning I'll go to have some IV vitamins and Monday I'll have another Triple-Oxygen Treatment, and we'll see how it goes.

I can't tell if it's helping yet. I was starting to feel better for a few days (have more energy, not as achy). But I've lived with this illness long enough to know that those can be short-lived. It's the nature of the beast, so to speak. So I enjoy it while I have it. The flu-like achiness returned tonight leaving me somewhat restless. But I know it's not likely that I'll wake up some morning and be all better. It'll take time. I look forward to having more treatments, starting the herbal supplements, and hopefully noticing an improvement. I'll just continue to take it day by day.

The Lord has sent me these angels to bring me strength.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to go have a glass of water and some celery and imagine it's milk and s'mores.

- Aly

No comments:

Post a Comment