Thursday, September 1, 2011

A Little Break And Some New Photos

I took a little, slightly unexpected break from the blog. So many things have been happening over the last week. So I needed to take a little break from updating the blog. So please forgive me for that.


My mom and I spent some time visiting my 3 cousins. We taught the younger 2 how to ride their bikes with no training wheels. We tag-teamed it most of the time. Joey, who is 6, is definitely the more rambunctious of the two, so I guess I should've taught him how to stop without having to jump off of his bike before I let him ride down the street at full speed sending me chasing after him knowing I'd have to be there to catch him before he fell over. Luckily I kept up with him pretty well, but I must say my quads are sore!


Joey thinks he's pretty cool now!



And we now return you to your regularly scheduled blog...


Last week we received a few letters and photos from our sponsored kids. Even though we just saw them (or maybe because we just saw them) I was so excited to hear from them. And even though I just took a bunch of adorable cute pictures of them, I was so excited to get these.


Now I've shared some about my sweet girls, Mariam and Sophie, on the blog before. God has surely blessed me with these two girls. When I saw these pictures I literally laughed out loud because they couldn't have captured their personalities more if they tried.


Here is Mariam.



She's so proud to take the photo to send to her sponsor. She stands up nice and straight and gives her biggest smile, and is so excited because she just loves me so much and she'll do anything she can to make me happy!

And then there's Sophie, who loves me in her own spunky little way. And apparently when it was her turn to get her picture taken she was less than excited and stood there thinking, "Can we just get this over with already?"


These two girls have brought me such joy over the years. They've made me cry, shake my head in disbelief, and laugh until I can barely stand. God has used them to teach me life lessons I will never forget. And though sometimes I wonder where they would be if I hadn't found them, I more often wonder where I would be if they hadn't found me.

- Aly


Child Sponsorship changes lives. If you're interested in making a difference in the life of a child, as well as in your own life, please contact us at housers4uganda@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment