Friday, November 18, 2011

Perspective

Things have been quite busy around here and only threatening to get busier. I've been teaching every day at school, and then after I'm done with that I have been helping coach 7th and 8th grade girls basketball. Working with 7th and 8th grade girls can be just plain exhausting! But I'm enjoying every crazy minute of it.

But it hasn't left much time for updating the blog, or really anything else for that matter. But today is a special day as I prepare for my next adventure to Uganda. Yes, for those of you who have been reading for a while now you may know where this is headed...

I am 40 days from leaving!

Now there's two ways to look at this. First is that I still have 40 days before I leave. It's over a month. There is still time to get things done. But on the other hand. I only have 40 days until I leave! There's so much to do and I only have a little over a month to get it done. See the difference there? It's all about what perspective you look at it from.

But either way there are 40 days left. I may only have 40 days left to raise my support, buy any needed supplies, and pack. But I still have 40 days to spend time with family and friends, sleep in my own bed, eat American food (hello Thanksgiving and Christmas!), work, and encourage 28 middle school-aged girls every day. Just as always, I want to enjoy every part of this adventure, which starts long before I step foot on distant lands. And I know without a doubt this will be a trip like no other.

I will try to update every day from now until I leave. But if I miss a few days, please forgive me and know I didn't drop off the face of the earth. It just means I'm caught up with soaking it all in and enjoying each moment of this journey.

Thanks for coming along with me.

- Aly

To understand why I chronicle the 40 days before we leave, check out this post

1 comment: