Saturday, December 31, 2011

Made it!

I made it safely to Uganda late last night. The flights were long but aside for some minor turbulence and a shaky landing into Entebbe, Uganda it wasn't so bad. I was a little nervous when at first my bags didn't arrive. But eventually they came around the carousel next to each other. I met up with Michael, the driver, and Dorothy, a former AMG child and off we went.

I've been staying at Reuben and Florence's home (he's the director of AMG Uganda). It's been a nice stay. Florence makes excellent food. I spent today resting a little, shopping for some needed items and attending my first Ugandan wedding.

Tomorrow I will head to Upendo where I will stay until the team leaves for one of the villages halfway through their stay. I will set up the house and get settled in after church. I will cook for myself and basically make it my home for the next 2 weeks. It will surely be an interesting experience.

Please pray for me through this week before the team comes. They arrive on Saturday. There is much to plan before they come. Also pray for me as I will be staying alone in the home (with no electricity). Pray for my parents also as I know they are worried. But I know that God is here with me. I feel His presence all around me.

I wish you all a very happy and blessed New Year! I will try to update again soon.

- Aly

No comments:

Post a Comment