Monday, December 5, 2011

Wondering Where I Went?

I spent the weekend visiting with my friends Karen and Ashley. I met Karen last April when I traveled to Chattanooga for meetings at AMG headquarters. We had been emailing before that and became instant friends. Karen was on the team that went to Uganda this past summer and she brought her friend Ashley. We all struck up quite a friendship in the two weeks we spent together and have been planning this get together for a few months now.


It was a time to spend hanging out, catching up on life, and enjoying each other's company. But it was also a time to just get away. Sometimes it's good to take a step back from everything. For me it was a time to gain some perspective on a few of the things that have been going on in my life recently. For one weekend I could just step back and have some fun instead of stressing over the trip (which starts in 24 days). Some things that had been cloudy in my mind are now a little clearer.

But just as everything else in life, it had to come to an end. I said good-bye yesterday, hopped on a couple planes and headed home. This morning I woke up, went back to work, and coached the girls in a hard-fought loss this evening. Life is still moving as quickly as it ever was, but after a few days away and a little perspective on things that I can tackle the obstacles ahead of me.

Just do me a favor. In a few days or weeks when the stress piles up again, remind me to take a step back and get some perspective again. I think I'll need it.

If you're finding yourself in over your head today, don't be afraid to take a moment to step back and take a look at the bigger picture. Things may be rocky now, but God has a much bigger plan than what we see.

- Aly

No comments:

Post a Comment