Wednesday, December 28, 2011

One Day at a Time

Tomorrow's the big day. I will take up my suitcases and head off to the airport to depart on a new adventure.

I spent all day today packing. It really seemed like nothing could go my way. Nothing was fitting right and the bags were always too heavy. But finally we figured it all out. Although I do keep finding things I forgot all over the house and am trying to find places to cram them in.

I ask for your prayers as I head out tomorrow. Prayers for me, that God would give me courage and strength and that I would feel his presence like never before. And also prayers for my parents, frieds, and family, that God would give them peace in their hearts while I'm gone.

This is a huge step of faith, and I would be lying if I didn't say that at times I feel overwhelmed with fear. Afterall, I am just a regular person. But God has called me to do something amazing for Him and I know He will bring me through whatever is ahead. My job is to just take it all one day at a time. I know that I am going to learn so much about God and myself over the next three and a half weeks, and I also know that lives are going to be changed, my own included. I pray that I can be open to whatever He has for me, and that I can enjoy every moment I have on this journey whether good or bad, happy or sad.

I'm glad you are on this journey with me. I will try my best to update the blog as often as possible. But, as always, I don't know how internet connection will be during the trip. You may be hearing from my parents as I will be calling them to update them on what's happening.

I honestly can't thank you enough for your thoughts and prayers. I can feel the surrounding me.

- Aly

No comments:

Post a Comment