Monday, August 1, 2011

Bonding

I was hoping to be able to update yesterday, but the network was down so we didn't have internet. Electricity has been sporadic as well. We are blessed to have a generator at our guesthouse so we have electricity at least for a little while before we go to bed. The weather has been strange. Sometimes it's hot, other times it's cold. I woke up in the middle of the night the other night and was shivering. But then last night I was so hot.

We spent most of our day today at Upendo. We did some painting this morning, (in case you need proof)




and then spent the afternoon with the kids. After lunch we met with the older boys and girls to talk about problems of adolescence and then we also talked about alcohol. Kids in Uganda face many of the same dificulties that kids in the US face. We were able to share our own experiences with them, and we pray that they will take them to heart and learn from them. They asked so many good questions that we ended up talking with them over 2 hours. We learned quite a lot more about the kids than we knew before. And they learned so much more about us too.


It's not taking long for us to bond with these kids. It helps that we've already established the relationships in years past. But I think, at least for me, I'm quickly growing attached to them. They crack me up. They make me cry. They challenge me to pray more, worship more, and live more.



- Aly

No comments:

Post a Comment