Monday, August 9, 2010

Day 21 - Broken

Igamba has broken me. I don't even know what else to say.

It's our fourth time to go there, but it never gets easier. In fact, I think this was the most difficult time that we've spent there. The poverty there is tremendous. In years past we've spent only a couple days there and we packed it full of home visits. But this year, we had to take it slow, and while that sounds like we did less ministry, we ended up doing more. We were able to go deeper than ever before.

Years past we went a mile wide and an inch deep. This year it was an inch wide, a mile deep. We spent a lot of time at the homes we visited and listened to their struggles, encouraged them, prayed with them, and followed up again later.

I'm still trying to process it all, which often leaves me in tears. My heart is broken because of the work we did there. My heart is broken because I had to leave.

I just feel broken.

But I thank the Lord for feeling broken, because a broken heart takes action. I pray that in the coming days/weeks as we share more with all of you and as we go out to churches to speak that the stories will break your hearts to take action too.

- Aly

No comments:

Post a Comment