Thursday, August 12, 2010

Day 24 - The best is yet to come

This morning we woke up at 5 am to the sound of rain pouring down on the metal roof. We leave today and I believe Uganda was weeping for us. Today is time for our final farewells. We'll step on the plane tonight and head home. It will take some time to get used to home again, and I am looking forward to spending some time reflecting on the past 3 weeks. I hope you will stick with us as that happens. There are some good stories ahead, but we ask for your patience as we spend the next few days traveling and getting used to life at home again.

I have enjoyed every minute of being here. The Lord has brought us through and sustained us. We are so thankful for his provision.

I'm very sad to leave, but I believe, just as they say here in Uganda:

The best is yet to come.

- Aly

No comments:

Post a Comment