Thursday, August 19, 2010

Why are you white?

There's a quote from the movie Mean Girls that always seems appropriate to me this time of year. If you've never watched the movie the main character, Cady, is experiencing her first day of public high school after a lifetime of being homeschooled in Africa. She sits at the popular table at lunch and one of the girls (a blonde of course) asks her, "So...if you're from Africa, why are you white?" And her friend replies, "Oh my gosh, Karen, you can't just ask people why they're white!"


No trip is complete until someone asks me if I've been to Africa why I'm so white. Today that tradition was fulfilled. I left the US with a tan and came back without it. What can I say, the sun is hotter there.


True fact: Eating beans and rice for 3 weeks doesn't make us lose weight, we literally sweat off the pounds!

No comments:

Post a Comment