Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Missing Uganda

Sorry it's been so long since I last updated. We've been doing our best to get readjusted to muzungu food, muzungu work, and muzungu time.

To be honest I'm having a rough time. Don't get me wrong, it's good to be home and see friends and family again, but I don't feel like I'm all here. My heart aches for Uganda. It's broken for the children, it longs for the people. I miss the millions of hugs we get each day, the happy faces and waving hands, the shouts of "muzungu!" the soothing sound of their voices when they speak, and even how terrible my accent sounds when I sing along with them. I think the only thing I don't miss is rice.

This is the fourth time we've done this. It's the fourth time we've seen the poverty. It's the fourth time we've had to say goodbye. It's the fourth time we've had to get back into life at home. But it never gets easier.

So if you see me walking around looking a little lost, just remember that it's hard to adjust to life when it your heart is somewhere else.

I ask that your prayers for us wouldn't stop now that we've stepped off the plane here at home. I've always said I don't believe that missions trips end when you leave your host country. They continue on. We ask that you pray for us as we begin to prepare stories to share. We've shared only a few small stories with you here on the blog. And I've shared very little from our week in the village of Igamba because those are the toughest of them all. Even typing the word Igamba is bringing tears to my eyes.

Also I ask that you pray for our health. I'm happy to say that I'm feeling good. I had a treatment yesterday that knocked me down (which means it worked) but I'm doing better. But even last year we thought I came home healthy and it wasn't until a few weeks later that anything started to show up. So pray for each of us that we'll continue along feeling well and that the Lord will continue to increase my strength and good health each and every day.

Thank you again for your prayers and for spending time with us on our amazing journey.

- Aly

No comments:

Post a Comment