Monday, June 7, 2010

Catching Up

We've had some fun things going on around here these past few weeks.


We took a trip to Illinois to visit Aly's roommate from Uganda, Madie, and attend her graduation. We drove out on Thursday, enjoyed spending time with her family, and then my parents returned home while I stayed for the rest of the week.



Aly, Madie, Karen, and Dean after graduation.


Madie, Aly, and Madie's dad, Ken (always the prankster)!


My health is beginning to steadily improve now, although I have encountered a few setbacks. The diet the doctore put me on three weeks ago has become a lifestyle now. The doctor suggested to keep going with it because "why stop a good thing." While at Madie's I briefly strayed from the diet, eating some pizza and cake which caused a flair-up sending my joints all in a tizzy. I wish I could say I learned my lesson, but I had pizza again with the same effects. (What can I say? I love pizza). But I'm learning that, while it's satisfying to eat tasty food at the time, it's not worth the price I pay later on. And I feel so much better when I'm eating lots of protein and staying away from carbs and sugar.


We ask for your prayers as we have some important decisions to make in the coming days/weeks. We are praying for wisdom and guidance in knowing God's will.

- Aly







No comments:

Post a Comment