Tuesday, June 8, 2010

What's Going on in my Head

I know I started this 40 day thing a few days ago, and at the risk of sounding completely insane, I have to say that today it hit me...We leave in 37 DAYS!!

This realization sent me into a tizzy and I started to run around like a chicken with its head cut off (except I rarely run anymore so it was more my mind that was running around like a chicken with its head cut off which is ironic if you think about it...)

There's a lot to get done in that time! Today has been one of those days where I feel like I did so much, yet accomplished so little. It's planning the little things that often take the most time. For instance, today I was trying to figure out what we'll do for prayer cards this year. Last year we made bookmarks, the year before we made postcards. So I was looking up ideas online, but then I got sidetracked after finding a site that had all sorts of great information for people taking missions trips. I read many things I already knew, but also picked up a few tips. Then I started to think of all the important things I need to pack, like medications and deodorant and duct tape. You may laugh at that last one, but last year it saved me from having to walk around barefoot for two weeks after my sandal broke while trekking up and down hills doing home visits.

This is the earliest we've ever left for Uganda so until now it hasn't felt like we're as close to leaving as we are. It's kind of like how a mild December makes it feel like Christmas isn't really coming.

I was attempting to attach a video of the kids singing to this post for you to enjoy as well as to help calm me, but my computer is being ornery. So really I guess it's had the opposite effect. Maybe another day...

No comments:

Post a Comment