Monday, July 25, 2011

All Packed!

As of about 5:00 this evening we were officially packed.

I'll give you a moment to recover from that news.


We have never been packed this early before. It is a new record for us. We're usually up until well after 10 trying to do all of our packing. But someway, somehow we fit everything we needed into all 6 of our bags, packed at exactly 50 pounds each. And we actually have a little bit of downtime.


I'm still a little nervous because past experience says this is absolutely insane. So I'm waiting for someone to find something big we're supposed to take which would set us off in a frenzy of repacking. But let's pray that doesn't happen.


We took our first anti-malaria pill today. My mom and I are a little dizzy from it and have a headache, but otherwise we're doing well. We'll get used to it in a few days.






Four of our bags packed to capacity and ready for three amazing weeks of ministry!


I will be doing my very best to update the blog as much as possible while we're gone. The internet connection isn't always the best while we're there, and whether or not we have electricity will also play a role in how often I update. Also, when the team arrives on August 3, this will really pick up and finding time to update may prove difficult. So I say that as a fair warning, but I promise to do my best to update as often as possible. As we always say, "No news is good news!"

Tomorrow, we set off on a new adventure. Thank you for praying for us as we go!


- Aly

No comments:

Post a Comment