Wednesday, July 20, 2011

This is the Stuff

There's a song by Francesca Battistelli that goes:

I lost my keys in the great unknown
And call me please cuz I can't find my phone
This is the stuff that drives me crazy
This is the stuff that's getting to me lately
In the middle of my little mess I forget how big I'm blessed

If you've ever been around our family in the week leading up to the trip, you'd know how much this describes us. I lost my camera battery. I've been searching for it everywhere I can possibly think to look. In the meantime, I've found a comb I've been looking for that turned up in one of my bags, a check I had been looking for that had fallen behind my dresser, and my goggles that I had tried to find while I was babysitting last week. I've found everything I was looking for except my camera battery.

And it's driving me a little crazy. I think we're all feeling a little nutty these days. There's so much left to do our days are filled with frenzied prep. The house is closing in on us. I inherited the neat and tidy gene from my mom so the mess is getting to us, but there's nothing we can do until we can start packing.

But in the midst of it all, we have to take some time to stop and remember how blessed we are. We are running around like chickens with their heads cut off because we get to go to Uganda! If we weren't running around crazy, it would mean no trip, not seeing all of our kids and Uganda family. God has blessed us so much with this opportunity, and it's not one we take for granted.

And we hope that in the midst of the craziness of your life, that you won't forget how big you're blessed either.

- Aly

No comments:

Post a Comment