Sunday, July 10, 2011

Out of the Mouths of Babes

I don't have much for you tonight. My mind has been BLOWN by the epic matchup between USA and Brazil during today's quarterfinal match of Women's World Cup soccer. It was insane! I was sweating and shaking and my adrenaline was pumping, and now I'm exhausted. I can't imagine how those players feel! (You can read about it here if you want).

But I will leave you with this...In the past week, between my young cousins, church softball games, and all the kids I babysit, we've spent a lot of time with little kids. And if you're around kids for any length of time, you'll know just how funny they can be sometimes. Here are some cute things they had to say:

My 6 year old cousin Ryan telling his mom about a 2 mile bike ride he and my mom went on: "We went on a 2 year bike ride!"

2 year old Adarah is up at our house with her three brothers to swim in our pool. I tell her she has some grass on her chest, and when she can't find it she puts her hands on her hips and looks at me all sassy and says, "Whaaaaat?!"

Bringing 2 year old Madi and her two sisters to swim at my house, she has a squirt gun. I ask if she's going to squirt me with it and she replies: "Well I could, but I guess I won't."

And my favorite of the week. At a church softball game I'm playing catch with some of the kids and we look up to see two airplanes flying overhead. Kameron, (I think he's two) looks up in the sky and says: "Look! They're throwing caaaandy!!!"

Sorry, that's all I have for you today. I need to get some sleep and let my mind settle after that soccer game!

- Aly

No comments:

Post a Comment