Sunday, July 11, 2010

How to Comment

I hope you all know how much I enjoy writing this blog. Sometimes it can be time consuming, and sometimes I have no idea what to write, but I enjoy sharing little pieces of our trip (and the time leading up to our trip) with "you all."

I say "you all" because I don't really know who "you all" are. I mean, I probably know you, but may not know you are reading the blog. I love it when people come up to us and say they've been following along, and I really love it when people comment. It's always nice to know I'm not just talking (typing?) to myself here. And, above all, I love reading the comments because they are often so encouraging. But we've had quite a few people ask questions about how to leave a comment on the blog, so I thought it would be good to address the issue because it can be a bit confusing.
So here's a little "how to" in posting comments to our blog.
1. When you read a post that you'd like to comment on, go to the very end of the post just below our signature.

2. Before the title for the next post, you'll see that it was posted by us, the time it was posted, the number of comments on the post. Click on that link.

3. It will take you to a page where you can type your comment. Type, type, type away.

4. Then just below the box where you typed your comment you will see "Comment As" foowed by a drop down menu. You may choose anonymous (but make sure you type your name at the bottom of your comment so we know who you are) OR you can choose "Name/URL." (For this option you will be asked to type in your name - you can disregard the URL - and continue).
5. Click "Post Comment."

6. A codeword will appear (different every time) and it will ask you to retype it. Then click "post comment" once more.

And there you have it.
It sounds horribly complicated, but try it out if you'd like. But know that we really do love to hear from you, and I know it will be even more special when we are in Uganda. And some people are nervous because others might read it and what if it's not "good." But I say, if God lays it on your heart to share something, share it. You never know when your comment might be the one well-timed bit of encouragement we need.

Of course if you're really uncomfortable with commenting, that's fine too. It's okay to lurk. Our main reason for starting this blog is that so people could experience this trip with us, and to help people gain a better understanding of the needs in this world.

So I hope you are enjoying this ride with us. Because like the roads of Uganda, it's about to get bumpy

- Aly

No comments:

Post a Comment