Saturday, July 17, 2010

What to expect while we're away

I wanted to give a little rundown of what may or may not happen after Tuesday. We've been on a 40 (well 45) day journey together. You've seen some of the ins and outs, the ups and downs of preparing for a trip like this.

But here's where it might change. I will be updating the same as I have been until Tuesday. Then it's up in the air (literally), as we're not sure what our internet access will be like in Uganda. But I hope to be able to update at least once a week while we're there. The problem is that we will not be able to connect to a wireless internet source from where we're staying, which means we'll have to rely on using the internet at the AMG office. Because of our schedule we will not likely have time every day to sit in the office and type something up.


So here's my plan: I'm hoping that I'll be able to type up something (almost) every night when we get back to our guesthouse. Then, one day a week (probably Thursday before or after our staff fellowship) I will post all of them at once. So once we're in Uganda, be sure to scroll down to see if we've posted multiple times in one day. I'm not sure if that'll be God's plan. So we ask for your patience with us. We will do our very best.


We always tell people that no news is good news. If you don't hear from us, that means things are going well.


But we do ask for your prayers. If you suddenly feel prompting to pray for us, please do, even if it's in the middle of the night. Remember that Uganda is 7 hours ahead of New York time so when you're going to bed at night, we're getting ready to start our day. And the middle of the night in NY is daytime for us. And we certainly feel those prayers.


We have some great friends who call each other while we're gone every night at 9pm. One year we were in Uganda I would wake up in the middle of the night and feel like someone was praying for us. Every time I looked at the time, it was always around 4am.


Your prayers make a difference. When we're facing a difficult situation, sometimes we can just feel the tension go away, and we know that someone is interceding for us. So we thank you for those prayers!


Well, I didn't think it could possibly happen, but things have actually become a little crazier here. I'm off to work on some packing and get in some time in God's word. It's the only thing that keeps me sane!


- Aly



No comments:

Post a Comment